1. Epsom salt for whenever anything on your body hurts.
“Dr. Teal’s Epsom salt and bubble bath. They come in super relaxing scents (my favorite is lavender). The bubble bath is nice and foamy and pretty long lasting! I also add a couple drops of lavender essential oil. Soothes my bod and my mind.”
2. Cherry Stone Neck Pillow Wrap for hot or cold headache and back-pain relief.
“This pack is great for headaches, neck, shoulder, or back pain. It holds heat or cold for a long time and the mild cherry smell is pleasant. The pillow curves comfortably around the neck and shoulders. It can also be used for knee or other various aches and pains.”
3. Lush’s Intergalactic bath bomb for a stress-free soak.
“The intergalactic bath bomb from Lush has helped me on more than one stressful occasion to relax.”
4. A flexible gel ice pack for hot or cold therapy anywhere on your body.
“Nothing feels better than putting ice against an achy, inflamed muscle, and burning skin.”
5. Lemongrass essential oil to help with sleep troubles.
“I love using lemongrass essential oil in my oil burner. It is the perfect combination of comforting and uplifting. I often have trouble sleeping, and this helps me unwind before bed.”
6. Murad Recovery Treatment Gel to heal cuts and burns fast.
“Recovery Treatment Gel from Murad is a wonder product! I used to get horrible breakouts post-eyebrow or lip waxing because of the baby oil they used to clean up afterwards. My esthetician turned me onto the gel and it keeps me bump free! And since Dr. Murad formulated it to increase cell turnover, it’s great to keep in a first aid kit for cuts and burns. Saves my skin after spending too much time in the sun too!”
7. Sombra warm therapy pain-relieving gel to soothe sore muscles.
“I was in a car accident a few months ago and it soothes and loosens my muscles like nothing else. My chiropractor uses it during treatments and my dad has said it helps his golf game.”
8. Lush’s Mask of Magnaminty face and body mask to soothe your skin after a long day.
“Lush’s Mask of Magnaminty is the most refreshing face mask I’ve ever tried. It’s cooling and exfoliating, making it perfect for when I come home feeling gross and tired.”
9. Earth Therapeutics Anti-Stress Massage Lotion for when you need a good rub down.
“Earth Therapeutics Anti-Stress Massage Lotion. It’s amazing. I rub it into my neck and feet when I just need to relax after a rough day!”
10. Thera Cane Massager to rub out knots in hard-to-reach places.
“A TheraCane. It helps smooth out some hard-to-reach knots when I can’t get to the massage therapist.”
11. Johnson and Johnson’s Bedtime Baby Bath for its mild scent and relaxing formula.
Price: $6.99 (for a pack of three)
“Johnson and Johnson bedtime baby bath. Nice smell and tons of relaxing bubbles. Plus great for sensitive skin like mine.”
12. Coconut oil for sensitive skin when shaving.
“My legs are the most sensitive mothers on the planet, and shaving used to be the worst experience — they ALWAYS broke out. I had tried everything, every shave gel, every kind of razor, and then I found coconut oil. The stuff CHANGED my life and it’s fantastic. It’s pretty cheap and lasts a LONNNNNNNNG time and zero breakouts on my legs, or any other part I shave. Highly recommend.”
13. Deep Blue Rub from DoTerra for topical pain relief.
“Deep Blue Rub from DoTerra. I use it on people at my clinic and I use it on myself. It smells pretty strongly like toothpaste, which is a huge bonus for me. It gets deeper than any pain relief cream I’ve used and, as a chiropractor, I’ve sampled many.”
14. Chocolate to treat yourself.
“Chocolate. ‘Nuff said.”
15. Body Works Aromatherapy Stress ReliefEucalyptus Spearmint to help calm down.
Price: $21.19 (for a body lotion and body wash bundle)
“The Bath and Body Works aromatherapy line. The eucalyptus tea tree scent for stress is my favorite. I’ve actually managed to stop a few panic attacks with it. As an added bonus, the eucalyptus in it helps open my sinuses.”
16. Tiger balm to soothe achy muscles and open up your sinuses.
“Tiger Balm. It’s a little gold-lidded jar that smells like Christmas and packs a powerful punch for sore muscles and joints. It even doubles as a good substitute for vapor rub. Helps clear nasal passages and eases breathing. I smear some onto a rag and hang it near my son’s crib whenever he’s congested.”